Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sketchy Doodles for children's illustrations

Sketches for children's illustrations
Often times I sit and doodle ideas for illustrations,characters and backgrounds mostly.  These are samples,  thinking doodles, a glimpse into a few moments of free thinking.  It is good to give yourself room as an artist to participate in different styles of thinking.  Sometimes we are too literal and we need loosening up, so we need some exercises that make us relax and enjoy the process of art.  I really enjoy the memories of childhood and the sweet images from my childhood books, so one of my ways to free up my style is to just let my imagination go when I doodle.  I'm not drawing a piece of fine art here, just some quick images to let go of adulthood for a moment, and go to a place that is pure imagination.  For more of my children's work go to my other blogsite: http://thesowerwentouttosow.blogspot.com/
Fuzzy Moth


Little elephant takes a drink.  

One of the circus acts was an amazing juggling spider.

Cat dropped his fiddle and began to dance

Lonely as the ice broke away from land, only the moon looked  comforting.

Uncle Bob told the absolute funniest stories.

Saloon Town. 
The land was dry except for the Billybong trees.

Mr. Warm and Fuzzy.

No comments: