Friday, November 6, 2009

View from my Window



The seasons change in the park next door, and the mood each day can be very different.  I took a photo of the park that I had taken on a recent morning to my class to have a little inspiration in something I was familiar with. For the color scheme I used a limit palatte, Prussian Blue, Yellow Ochre, Alazarin Crimson, Neutral Tint and a small amount of Hookers Green. I wet the paper where the sky would be.  I loosely mixed the prussian and neutral and then after painting the clouds and foggy trees.  Later I added a little warmer yellow ochre to the mix to get greens that came forward slightly in the background.  I layered the grass color to add a little interest to the strong planes in my painting. A detail of my painting is on the right.

I learned something new today about washing brushes.  Usually a product called "Goop," is what I use to clean my brushes with.  It is a handcleaner designed for getting greasy mechanic's hands clean, but I haven't had any for awhile.  My teacher Rene uses Murphy's Oil Soap.  That seemed to work well.  A gentle soap is good for the natural hairs of the brushes, but a little oil is also good to bind with the paint to strip it off of the hairs.  Remember never leave your brushes sitting upside down in the water.  A good brush will last a long time if it taken care of. 

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him would not perish, but would have eternal life."
John 3:16  To read a footnote on the word "believe"  click here.
It is easy to receive a Bible with this and other wonderful footnotes absolutely free, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooo... really like the view from your window and I think that the water painting was inspired (was it not) from our grand 'sistas' weekend together. ya wanna go on an art retreat with me this summer in Aug along the Columbia River as our sister's retreat and end up in Joseph? I like your Art Supply list and even your brush cleaner! I use it everywhere in my house...I like the smell it somehow reminds me of the smell of painting with oils. a not so -anonymous admirer of your Art Work. me